The Residency cards and National ID’s are issued to you via courier once the balance of professional fees has been paid and settled.
1) Real Estate - for more information please contact us
2) Investment - for more information please contact us
The granting of residence permits and citizenship is at the sole discretion of the Maltese Government but, generally; the application is only denied if the due diligence reveals that the applicant has made false statements in the application forms or other submitted documents; has engaged in criminal activities or is under investigation in relation to criminal activities; or has (or is alleged to have been) engaged in or associated with any activity that would bring disrepute to Malta.
- Procedure 1Open Borders shall pre-screen your passport copy for Government pre-approval to ensure fast processing.
- Procedure 2A down payment of the professional fees will be required to establish your application.
- Procedure 3Open Borders will provide assistance and advise with regards to the collection of the documents required in the checklist and complete the government forms.
- Procedure 4Open Borders will guide you to the Maltese property, which you choose and starts preparing property purchase documentation required to be presented for Residency application.
- Procedure 5The applicants must travel to Malta to apply for legal residence and acquire a residency card.
- Procedure 6The application is submitted and further due diligence will be performed by the Maltese government and on completion a decision will be made to either grant citizenship, decline citizenship or request further documentation from the applicant before making a decision.
- Procedure 7An approval in principal letter will be issued by the government if successful.
- Procedure 9Within 4 months is necessary to show a copy of your property contract (lease or purchase), confirmation bonds/stocks acquired, and proof that suitable medical coverage is in place. Open Borders prepare property purchase documents to complete on purchase. Property purchase funds and taxes transferred.
- Procedure 10Visit Malta for Oath and provide bio-metrics for your passports and on completion you will acquire a Certificate of Naturalization and finally pickup passports.
Maltese passport/citizenship (Visa-free and visa-on-arrival countries
Antigua & Barbuda
St. Kitts & Nevis
St. Vincent & The Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
São Tomé and Príncipe
Hong Kong (SAR China)
Papua New Guinea
*please note that according to UK policy, you can stay for up to 6months a year
The Malta program includes three financial requirements:
- A contribution to the development of Malta
- A purchase of stocks/bonds
- A property transaction (property rental or property purchase)
Concession fee for dependants
Due diligance fees
Open Borders CBI professional fees, official application fees, certificates of citizenship & passports, courier & other disbursements are the only other costs associated.
A full-itemized quotation with no hidden costs is provided.
316 sq km
Maltese and English
USD 1.00 = 0.85 EUR